Representing sellers since 1989 on the Big Island of Hawaii, our REALTORS® offer a success record based on reputation, resources and results. Our REALTORS® become powerful allies who will guide you through the entire selling process - from preparing and staging your Hawaii property to pricing, receiving and negotiating offers, and completion of the escrow and closing procedures.
Here are some tips on preparing your property for sale:
- Plan ahead. Provide plenty of time to find a REALTOR® and prepare your home to look its best.
- Make a good first impression. Strong curb appeal will invite potential buyers inside. A well-maintained lawn and trimmed tropical foliage will impress a buyer. The exterior should be neat and tidy.
- Look closely at the inside. Buyers are attracted to clean, light, bright and uncluttered interiors. A quote to remember: Clutter eats equity. The kitchen and bathrooms should sparkle.
- Set a price. Your REALTOR® will prepare a market analysis of comparable sales for you to consider when pricing your home. Such factors as location, view, property condition, amenities like a pool, and economic conditions will need to be evaluated.
- Know your property. Have a home inspection by a professional. Review the report and take care of necessary repairs. Make sure that all building permits are in order.
- Offer a home warranty plan. Provide some extra peace of mind to buyers with a home warranty plan to address covered items that become a problem after closing.
- Obtain a survey and locate your boundary pins. A survey map will reveal encroachments, note the improvements to the property and compliance with State and/or County requirements.
- Check with your professional advisors. Remember to seek input from your accountant and attorney, when necessary, regarding tax implications or legal matters.
- Be ready to show. Will you be able to show on short notice? Advise your REALTOR® of any special showing requirements.
By taking the time to thoroughly prepare your home for sale, you will set your property apart in today's competitive real estate market.
- Selling a home in a Buyer's Market
- Looking through the buyer's eyes
- Transforming a home for an open house